16 December 2011

Bon Voyage Daddy

Every morning Julia and Jonathan give me hugs and kisses before I leave for work. Just like his sister, Jonathan loves to stand at the sliding glass door in the kitchen and wave goodbye as I back out of the garage past him. Then, when I'm out of sight, he runs as fast as he can to the front of the house to wave goodbye from the window next to the front door. I usually have to wait for several seconds in the middle of the street for him to make it to the other side of the house.

This morning I got ready a little bit faster then usual, so I decided to head into work a little bit early. It was still dark outside when I left. As expected, Jonathan stood at the side of the house and waved goodbye. I backed out into the street and sat there for a few seconds waiting to see if he would make it to the front door window. Eventually I saw the blinds moving and light coming from inside the house. As I mentioned, it was still dark outside so I couldn't make anything out other then what was farther inside the house then where Jonathan was standing. As he pulled the blinds back from the window, all I could see was a dark, round shape that looked like the very top of his head lingering above the window opening and a silhouetted little hand waving goodbye back and forth in the shadows. The back lighting in the house perfectly outlined his little hand flip-flopping back and forth in the air, wishing me a good day.