13 September 2012

Let's Ride

Stacey emailed me at work today to say that she and the kids had a surprise for me when I got home.  When I turned on our street she I saw the kids outside and instantly noticed that Julia was riding her bike with no training wheels as if she had been riding it for months.

Julia's training wheels weren't working properly so Stacey just took them off this morning. It only took Julia about an hour to pick up how ride her bike without them. The Strider obviously helped, but Julia is so teachable and coordinated that she probably picked it up faster then other kids would.  I mean, she's only four years old and can now ride a bike. I think she could have learned this months ago, but it all worked out just fine.

She wanted to ride her bike all day because "she needed to practice" so that she could "become a pro".