For a few days Jonathan swapped out his Spider Man mask for his Cars baseball cap, proving that you can mix and match television characters and still look cute. We spent an hour or so filling up the slinky with various toys from the toy bin. I had to hold up the slinky high enough so that things would fit, but not too high else things would slip through the cracks.
Julia has always enjoyed coloring and drawing. I came home one day from work and she had made this house out of foam. It was our house, of course. I think the reason why I liked it so much is because of how she depicted kitty. In terms of stick figure animals, this is about as close as you can get.
At the end of this week we found out that soccer practice starts on Thursday. So, we needed to take her to the store to buy some gear and clothes. It was snowy and cold and I was a little tired, but it was so much fun doing this for the first time with Julia. She was so excited about her new cleats that she hasn't really taken them off except to sleep. She even wore them and her shin guards over to the grandparent's to show them off. She also has been sleeping with her new ball. We passed the ball back and forth for an hour or two this weekend because she wanted to, not me. This time she genuinely seems excited about playing and that I am going to be there every practice as an assistant coach. I think she'll do great as long as she's not too shy. She has great coordination and focus if she likes something. I just hope she has fun.
This weekend Stacey also spent some time just with Julia. The two of them hit up a free event in town where kids could make fun shapes and animals with food. Julia made a spider with olives, bread, a pepperoni slice, and carrots shoots for legs. It was a fun activity. There happened to be a camera man from the newspaper at the event and, not surprisingly, Julia caught his trained eye. He asked Stacey if he could take Julia's picture while she played. After taking many pictures he took her name and made sure it was spelled correctly. Stacey was pretty sure she was going to be in the paper on Sunday.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this weekend we witnessed the first steps of Julia's path to stardom. Whether it be as an artist, soccer player, or celebrity, you saw it here first.


