01 December 2014

College Planning

Flashback to the other night...

Stacey was putting Julia to bed, and while they were talking about various things Julia stopped and asked a very important question: 

Julia: Will I ever not live with you guys?

Stacey: You might not live with us anymore when you're older...like when you grow up and go to college.

Julia: Does that mean Buddy will be here by himself and get to stay longer than me?

Stacey: Yes.

Julia: (gets all teary-eyed) I don't ever want to leave - I love it here!  Can I go to college and still live here?

Stacey: Sure, you could definitely do that.

Julia: That's what I want to do.  I want to live here with you and Dad and Buddy when I'm in college!

(I wanted to make sure I put this in writing, as it may prove to be very useful in 10 years)