21 July 2015

Loon Lake, WA

This morning we woke up and decided over a cup of coffee at the Rockwood Bakery to spend the day at Loon Lake. Loon Lake is only about 30 minutes north of Spokane. After dropping off Stacey at a local coffee shop for work, the kids and I scouted out the best place to have a picnic lunch and access the water.

Most of the lakefront is privately owned, but we were able to find a small place called Granite Point Resort that only charged a few dollars per person.  In addition, it had bathroom and changing room facilities, so it was a good place to hang out with the kids.

After lunch we picked up Stacey and spent several hours playing on the beach and swimming in the lake.  I took a few plunges off of the diving board and the kids, off of the dock into my arms. I had to carry them over to the dock since it was so deep, but they had fun riding on my back.

There was a little wind today, so it wasn't especially warm. Regardless, it was still a great time. The kids and I were pretty beat after a fun summer day on the lake.