23 April 2016

Happy 90th Birthday Grandma!

Some of you reading may not know this, but I share the same birthday with my grandma. Instead of 1926, it's 1978, but otherwise all else is the same. It's pretty much why I'm her favorite grandchild. Plus I was the first. It's hard to beat that at home kids.

My mom was able to make preparations in advance for her party. Friends, neighbors, and family were invited to attend the reception at The Seasons at Rose Creek Golf Course on Saturday afternoon. Most of the people were from the area, but some had flown in from Colorado (cough) or driven from Wyoming and the Twin Cities. Michelle might have won the award for farthest traveled from California. 

The reception was great. I was able to recognize a few faces from when I was a kid and some I had seen more recently. Grandma was looking forward to this day and seeing everyone from the time planning started. I'm pretty sure she's still smiling about it now. We got a few good pictures. So glad we were able to come up and celebrate the 90th birthday of my favorite grandma on my Mom's side, Pauline.