23 July 2016

Mount Yale

Distance - 9.50 miles
Elevation Gain - 4,300 feet


Today was our second training hike for our trip to Peru. Although we were both not feeling the greatest during the week, this hike went very well.  I felt great compared to last month since last time I had just been given a cocktail of immunizations for our trip.

We drove up on Friday afternoon and slept in the back of 4Runner again.  The kids followed suit and "camped out" on the deck at grandpa and grandma's house. The weather forecast called for thunderstorms so we got an early start and were hiking shortly after 6 a.m. The trail up to the top was very nice and well maintained. For long stretches at the beginning the trail was relatively flat, shaded by the trees, and had 5-6 stream crossings.

I am getting pretty close to finishing all of the 14ers in the Sawatch Range. I only have two more to summit in total and then I will have completed over 50.0% of them in Colorado.