


This was probably going to be the last time I would see U2 and it was a good opportunity to see Michelle as well. I had never been to the Rose Bowl either. And...I had a free taxi service and place to stay (i.e. Michelle).

We ended up walking over 10 miles on Saturday around Pasadena. We walked to lunch and then ran an errand or two before heading over to the shuttle pick up area. The line was hugely long, so we decided to keep on walking another 30 minutes or so to the stadium.



The show was good. It was cool to hear all of my favorite songs from the Joshua Tree album plus a few other well known songs from their long and impressive career.



The opening act was The Lumineers. One of the highlights of the show was the massive video screen behind the stage. It played full screen videos that were related to the song U2 was playing, or it split the screen doing that plus showing a closer view of the band. This was welcomed as it was hard to see much of the stage from where we were sitting.
I was pretty beat the entire time after working a very busy week, flying in, and not getting to sleep until after 1:30 a.m. Colorado time both nights. Although I'm not yet 40 years old, I definitely felt that. I'm sure much of the crowd felt the same way the next day, seeing as most of them were also my age or older and probably had to wake up early the next morning to "adult".

