14 June 2017

San Francisco Treat

After the wedding we drove up from Santa Cruz to San Francisco. Michelle was able to take a short flight up there from LA and spend a couple of days with us. In all honesty, I was pretty beat by this point and being in an even bigger city with worse traffic, etc. was about all I could handle.  It was still a great time but I wish I could have had more energy for it.

We ended up in SFO because I used miles to book our airfare. The only way I could get completely free flights was to fly into San Jose and fly out of SFO. I have been there several times before, but it was still good to see the standard sights with the kids.

We walked around Fisherman's Wharf with the kids one day and got our free (and bought much more) Ghirardelli chocolate. The first pictures below are of Baker Beach. There is a family favorite of me on this same beach when I was about two years old, so we wanted to get a family picture and a picture with Jonathan there. We also visited the Golden Gate bridge on its 80th anniversary year and ended up walking across half of it.  The final picture was also taken for my parents from behind their old house in the Presidio to remind them of the view they had every day from their back porch when they were first married.

All in all it was a great time.