The funny thing was, when Jonathan got "Silver" from the pet store he insisted that he was a boy and Julia insisted that "Valentine" was a girl. They were actually right. I separated Silver and Valentine as soon as we got home.
After a week or two the babies were weaned and it was time to give them away to someone. We didn't want to keep more or else we'd end up with another litter of pups or perhaps two girls or boys that didn't get along. A family on our street ended up taking two pups and one of their friends took the third.
However, we just found out that even though I separated the adults we have 6 more pups. The gestation cycle is only 14 days, so I think Valentine got pregnant with another round before I separated them! A picture of the next litter is at right. The pet store will take them back, but we will try to find more homes for them. When they are weaned and have fur they are pretty cute.


