28 February 2018

Dad Time

This time of year can be pretty dull.  We've gotten through the holidays and back into the swing of things, yet there really isn't much going on in the month of February.  At least in January you're still riding the holidays and getting back on track, and March brings a changing of the seasons and Spring Break! Even still, here are a few pictures of some of the things we've done lately.

I took Julia to the pottery painting store in the mall one Saturday afternoon. We had fun hanging out and painting together. Julia painted the cupcake and I painted the cat to look like Freckles. I don't want to brag, but the cat was a big hit with all the ladies at the store. They all thought it was really cute and one of the better ones they've seen.

Two weekends in a row now Jonathan and I have hopped on our bikes and made the five mile round trip down to the new park nearby. Usually we stop for coffee on the way and lunch at the grocery store on on the way back. At the park we play catch with the baseball and football and sometimes kick the soccer ball around. Jonathan's favorite activity is to play me in a game of tackle football.  I don't really tackle him, but he sure goes all in when he tackles me. He has won both games by a touchdown. I think he's still a little bit too young to realize what's going on and honestly thinks he's beating me fair and square.  Soon enough we'll be be able to go head to head and eventually he'll start beating me for real! I'm looking forward to the day when the roles are reversed and he tells me that he let me win that game. That'll be funny.