11 May 2019

Ride to Grandpa & Grandma's House

Today Jonathan and I completed our epic quest. We rode our bikes for an hour and 20 minutes and 12 miles all the way across town to Grandpa and Grandma's house! We had talked about this in the past, but today we were looking for somewhere to go on our bikes.
 

With the recently connected Cottonwood Creek Trail under Academy, we can now get all the way over to the west side of town mostly on the trail network and with only limited time on a sidewalk. 

I promised Jonathan that if he rode the entire way he would be rewarded with an entire can of Pepsi all by himself. That, along with the adventure, was enough motivation to complete our epic quest. I sent my parents a live tracking link as well, so they were there waiting for us with video cameras and cheers. Although Jonathan was fading, as soon as he saw them standing outside he turned to me and said "I'm going to turn on the jets" and sprinted the last hundred yards, finishing the ride in style.