Part of the reason I didn't want to race this is because it was a square course consisting of two paved and gravel transitions. Meaning, bumpy and slippery. Turns out the race went really well for me and I got into the last group of three as people got flat tires, dropped chains, and/or couldn't keep up with the pace. On the last lap I followed my teammate into the fastest and most sketchy corner, not really looking where I was going. He overcooked it bit, had to go wide, and in an instant was on the floor. I immediately jumped back up, not wanting to lose my first podium ever to a mistake. The motorcycle official yelled at me to "take it easy", but I just kept trying to get going as fast as I could. Slowly but surely I started making a little ground on the two other riders. My bike seemed fine, I seemed fine, and after a few miles I had caught back up with a mile to go. At the time of writing this, I have yet to lose a sprint, so I actually sprinted for my first win!






