26 February 2022

A Daughter's Heart

For several years Julia and I have been going to the Daddy Daughter Dance at our community center. Since 2020 the event hasn't been held, so this year we looked for an alternative. I wish we would have found this option a long time ago! Compared to our little community center, this was the real deal. Coat check, gourmet hotel dinner, prized, balloons, and an amazing 12 person band that played 1970s funk dance music.

Unfortunately, this might be the 25th and last year that they event is held unless someone else decides to pick it up and run with it. We had a great time together, especially during the dance and with each other. At one point a conga line was formed and we jumped on the train. When it fell apart we stopped for a minute and then decided to walk back to our spot (and Julia's shoes). After we picked our way through people I looked over my shoulder and realized that I had unintentionally started and was leading a new conga line. So, we did a few more laps with my at the front of the line with my daughter and a bunch of balloons.

I know Julia really enjoyed the event and our time together. I hope that we are able to do it again next year. Time is running short...