I drove myself up to Fort Collins and shared a hotel room with Steve. We had a good time eating delicious Thai food with the rest of the COS Racing crew Saturday night. We got absolutely dumped on with rain that night, which was either going to be a a really good thing or a disaster for me regarding course conditions. It turned out to be the former.
There were 405 registered for our distance & the event hit the 1000 mark overall. About halfway through the race I found myself off the front of the main group after a technical double track section, so I went for it, which isn’t something I’ve ever done. And probably not the best idea given my lack of training!
Kudos to Curtis Singmaster and Erik Hartel for the awesome team tactics and trying to slow the group down. I was away solo for the last hour and should have stayed away, but both quads started cramping and I had to back off. It’s like I haven’t raced in several months! The group blew past me with a few miles to go.
I am really happy with the day, the results, and team (we had multiple AG podiums). Glad to be back racing again...and at the time of writing this post a few weeks later, glad to be back to feeling like myself again!


