We finally had to have the ash tree in the front yard removed. Most of the neighborhood had already taken care of it, but our "builder grade" tree held on for a bit longer. Although we had to have someone remove it for us, our neighbor John and I each saved about $500 by doing the rest of the work ourselves.
Stacey was out of town visiting Pat and Melinda this week. Thankfully, Jonathan really wanted to help me plant the new maple tree. From start to finish including the clean up. I didn't realize it at the time, but afterwards I was really happy we did this together. We'll be able to watch it grow and every time we look at it, we'll be reminded of doing this together. Over the years we may even take pictures of it and us together, just to see the changes in all three of us.


