Steinsdalsfossen is about an hour and fifteen minutes away due east of Bergen. It's visited by an estimated 300,000 people a year (almost 1,000 a day), making it one of the more popular attractions in Norway. The waterfall is about 150 feet high and you can walk behind it without getting wet and take some pretty good pictures.
Other than being a really cool waterfall, I think the popularity is partly due to the fact that it's close enough to Bergen to lure people like us out there. I also had a side quest in mind, and it was to drive a few miles farther east so I could see Hardangerfjord with my own two eyes. It's the 5th longest fjord in the world and the 2nd longest in Norway. Throw in some family history around the Hardanger Fiddle and the village of Botnen, and it was a really good option for an easy day out.







