I had another race down in Trinidad, and it went pretty well. This was the second time doing this race, and each time it has been eventful. The Rad was the longest race I was signed up for this fall, but I was trained for it unlike some races of this length in the past.
The start was all out for the first 30 minutes or so, as we left the start line and climbed the hills around town before we got into the gravel sections. The lead group of 4 of us got away early and stayed away. I almost crashed once, then ended up crashing when I got a little squirrelly coming down a hill and a guy on an e-bike clipped me as I swung into his path. I wouldn't have probably beaten any of the other three guys I was with, so I didn't lose any spots as a result of going down. Second in age group.
After the race one of the guys mentioned to me that the first two finishers were former road pros. I didn't have any idea at the time, but I was riding with Scott Moninger, one of the most successful domestic professionals in U.S. history with over 275 career wins. That itself was a win in my book.


