28 March 2025

Jungle Tour and Snorkeling

The other activity we chose to do was speed boats along the water out to a snorkeling point (and back). I had a lot of fun driving a boat for the first time.

We took the local bus from the hotel to Aqua World a few miles away. I think it was $1 a person and a pretty short ride. The bus was either filled with local hotel workers or tourists.

The group of us were taken along the waterways by a guide. It was simply follow the leader after learning a few common hand signals such as slow down and speed up. We got to go past a lot of other hotels, a really peaceful lagoon, followed by a James Bond-esque high speed chase out to the snorkel point.

The snorkeling was fun, but average, if you happen to have lived in Hawaii and done a lot of snorkeling. But I think this might have been the first time for the kids. I ended up buying the professional photo and video they made of our trip and us. It was a little pricey, but these guys had a boat and a drone out there taking footage of us and I couldn't pass that up as my souvenir from the trip.