05 July 2025

KowTown Gravel

KowTown was a fun event. Matt, Justin and I did the short course, which took me about and hour and a half to complete. That's pretty much the perfect length to have fun, go hard, and not wreck yourself for the rest of day or weekend. I ended up winning the overall on the short course.

The race went well despite my bike computer wanting to send me off on various random turns. Somehow the reroute feature was turned on and it had trouble finding where I was at. That's not a great combination with never seeing the route before and not knowing where you're supposed to go. 

I took a wrong turn at one point up the first hill (per my computer), but other riders yelled at me to turn around. Later on I found myself at the front of the race alone, but had to pull over and wait for second place since my computer was telling me to go left and I didn't think it was right. Always fun to be out in the lead alone and chased by other people to the finish line!