31 August 2025

Senior Parking Spot

This senior tradition was a fun project that Julia and I got to do together. I estimated that it took us about 12 hours total time and a few hundred dollars over the course of two days.

We had to space it out over two different days due to the weather. It was really hot and then also rainy for many days in between. Julia and Miles bought parking spaces next to each other and coordinated matching paint schemes from the movie Cars.

A valuable trick that Julia discovered when researching this online was to dilute the paint with water. This allowed it to flow into all the cracks and rocks on the asphalt. The first day we painted the base coat and on the second day the details were painted. Miles' Dad showed up also to help him finish his spot.

We worked for a while until Julia had to leave for work and Cold Stone. I finished up some small details and cleaned things up after she left. The designs turned out really well!