Last night after work I picked up the redhead at my parent's house. Instead of the judge sentencing him to "jail" all weekend while they are out of town, we were able to reduce his sentence and get him placed on house-arrest.
When he first arrived he took to his mission quickly. After about 15 minutes of scouring every corner of the house, he was satisfied that his perimeter was secure. He settled nicely in the loft with me while we watched football. He couldn't decide whether or not he wanted to sit in the chair with me or Stacey or on the floor, but after a few test-drives of each the floor won.
We crawled into bed at 11. At first he didn't know what to do with the ottoman I had placed at the foot of the bed for him to use as a step stool. I could tell he wanted to join us on the bed, so I bent down and picked him up. He spent the whole night sleeping next to me and against my side.
We got up around 5:30 and both used the bathroom - one inside and one outside (this could apply to either of us, so I'll let you make up your own mind up about who did what). After coffee was made, I took the below pictures. He's called "Hang Dog" because if you call him and he doesn't want to come, his freezes his body, pins his ears back, and "hangs" his head in shame. I think he believes if his stays motionless and doesn't look at you, you can't see him. As you can see, Hang Dog was in good form when I took the pictures and is also getting along well with Kitty.