20 September 2009

One Liners

I'm sitting here all alone tonight while Stacey is out with her Mommies group...and since I'm being bored to death by football I decided to turn my thoughts towards blogging.

- What's worse then finding a worm in your Happy Apple? Finding half a worm. Luckily, I found the whole thing.

- Right now I'm 2-0 in our Fantasy Football league at work and at the top of the table.

- The high is supposed to be 46, 47, and 47 degrees the next 3 days. Since not many trees have changed color yet, I'm going to be really annoyed if this kills everything and we don't have a fall this year.

- For the second week in a row, Tottenham got steamrolled by one of the top 2 teams in the league. Still, I'd take a 4-2 record at this point in the season if you'd would have offered it to me (considering we've played 3 of the "top 4").

- We totally relaxed in the "luscious" (don't ask) grass under our massive tree in the front yard this afternoon. It was perfect in the shade and fun to enjoy the fruits of our labor.

- I played Frisbee with Jules today. Well, she didn't throw it back but liked it when I threw it to her in the driveway.

- Speaking of Julia, she has got to be the cutest, sweetest, and smartest kid I've ever met at this age...and I'm speaking objectively.

- The dentist has been wanting to realign my bite and make me a night guard. After insurance, $1500. I bought a 99 cent mouth guard at Walmart and it's doing the trick. I don't clench or grind my teeth at night anymore and am rested when I wake up. What should I do with the other $1499?

- I got in more cuddle time with Julia this morning from 4:15 - 4:45. Luckily, we both went back to sleep.

- Been thinking a lot lately. I believe that a lot of the challenges people in my generation are facing in their personal lives are due to the simple fact that they've been selfish. The 'me-culture' reveals itself in interesting ways - ways you wouldn't know unless you really thought about it.

- The idea of home schooling came up this weekend.

- I watched X-Men Origins: Wolverine on Friday night. It was good. It was extra good since I watched it at Lanny's house while Stacey entertained 10 other women at our house.

- Saturday night I'm headed to the Rockies game with 10 other guys from our "Sunday School" class. Should be a good time.

- Remember what you were doing at the end of June? From then until now is the same amount of time from now until Christmas.

Well, it's getting past my bedtime. Adios mustachios.