09 January 2012

Morning Person

Jonathan is getting to be a lot fun. Sure, he's still a wild man at only 19 months old, but he's also pretty entertaining. Some of the funniest things he does happen right when he wakes up from sleeping. Usually it involves talking and pointing at everything - he has a lot to say about everything it seems.

This morning he woke up and I went upstairs to get him. He told me all about my zipper and his shirt, among other things. When I picked him up he was still trying to wake up, so I just held him for a minute or two. After he had rubbed the sleep from his eyes, while I was still holding him, he lifted up his head from my shoulder and smiled large at me. I smiled back, then he put his head back down on my shoulder. Then, he did it again, and it was obvious that he was playing around and trying to play peek-a-boo with me. Every time he would put his head back down he would laugh, then I would laugh, which made him laugh harder, etc.

We played around like this a few times. It was pretty hilarious and a good start to both of our Monday mornings.