19 February 2012

It Ends Tonight

I've finally finished the crown molding project. The entire house is done. It only took me a year and a half to finish. Actually, it was probably more like a year since I took some time off.

Julia's room was the last to be painted. I did the initial (and most important) coat yesterday and gave it a smooth, final coat and touched up the walls today. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself now that I'm done. I'm sure I'll find something...

We're coming up on five years since we bought this house. Although there will always be something to do, the major improvements are pretty much done. It's taken a full five years of steady work to get this place to where I wanted it to be. It's amazing how much we've done, inside and outside, if you stop and look around.

One thing to note is that my last brush strokes were done to the song, "It Ends Tonight" by the All-American Rejects. That's just what came on while my iPod was on shuffle. I can't think of a more fitting title.