Colorado is a fit state. In fact, it has the lowest adult obesity rate in the country. Even still, people at work comment all the time that I'm skinny. I guess it's all relative. For the record, my BMI is EXACTLY in the middle of the normal range. I just look skinny because I'm normal (that implies that the people that say things like that aren't normal, if you didn't catch that).
Below is the picture of what Stacey and I had for dinner. It's a homemade bean and rice burrito, with some veggies, a little avocado, and some condiments. Before you think that this isn't enough food, I estimate that it has the same amount of calories as a Big Mac. My estimate of the nutrition facts for a serving will surprise you:
Calories - 550
Fat - 12 grams
Carbs - 83 grams (adjusting for 18 grams of fiber)
Protein - 20 grams
Sure, I eat out here and there and grab ice cream with the kids. But that's definitely the exception. This example, in addition to regular exercise, is what normal is supposed to look like. Remember, I'm not skinny, I'm just normal.