Work has gotten busier as I've started my new job. Starting a new job is always stressful, but this time I'm being loaned out to multiple other areas as well. I've been pulled in a few directions and haven't had much time to stop and think about other things while at work.
For the past few weeks I've been working all day then coming home to do yard work or small projects around the house. Playing with the kids and putting them down for bed meant the projects lasted until about nine every night.
Although it's not totally finished, I repainted the front door and shutters a lighter shade of blue. It took two tries to get the color right (i.e. about five coats of paint). Then, I made the mistake of buying an oil rubbed bronze door knob and hinges just to see what it would look like. I've wanted to swap out the outdated brass door hardware for a long time but haven't done it for a variety of reasons. My mistake was thinking that I could stop with just the three doors in the basement. Instead, I kept going and did the main level too.
Stacey also went shopping for the bathroom in the basement. Although it's not used often, the basement bathroom is used by guests. It was time to get rid of the blue shower curtain in that bathroom that I had purchased ten years ago when I was a bachelor. Stacey updated the rugs and other things in there too.
I really like the new hardware. It makes the house look so much better and it matches the rest of the decorations. We're really trying to stick to the craftsman, old house (but new house) theme. We'll do the upstairs at a later date, since half of our doors are on that level alone.
As we say at work, this is what you call "first world problems"...