17 November 2012

Friday Afternoon Team Building

On Friday afternoon we left work for some lunch and "team building". Far east of town there is a pretty big gun range. It has everything from a sporting clay course to target practice at pictures of Obama to a presumably large underground cache of weapons should the end of the world happen. OK, I might have embellished a little bit on the details to make a point in the previous sentence.

I have shot handguns, rifles, shotguns, and even sporting clays thrown by a friend before, but I have never attempted a full course with automatic sporting clays that come from all kids of directions.  More importantly, it had probably been about six years since I had shot a gun, and even longer since pulling a trigger on a shotgun or trying to hit a moving target.

I did pretty well considering my level of experience and rustiness.  I estimate I probably hit 50% of the targets if you don't count the end of the day.  By the last station I was getting tired and had developed a nice bruise on my shoulder and bicep. Owen wasn't able to make it since he was called up to the State Capitol building to be assigned to a committee, but he let us use his twelve gauge. It was a nice piece. One thing is for sure, this definitely beat sitting in my cubicle.