22 May 2013

Pre - Kindergarten Graduate

Julia finished pre-k at PPCS today. We're thankful that she had a good teacher at PPCS this year. Julia felt more comfortable around Mrs. Peckham than her previous teacher. This was also her second year, but I think Mrs. Peckham had more to do with Julia's learning and enjoyment of school rather than the familiar surroundings.

Julia will have the summer off and then she'll start school in the fall full time. Well, it's every day but only half-days. Starting this fall she'll be in school every day for probably the next 17 years of her life. We're glad we started her early for social and educational reasons.  She pretty much has already learned what she'll need to know to pass kindergarten, and has become a little less shy as a result.

I know teachers aren't supposed to have favorites, but I'm sure they secretly do. Julia would speak highly of her too, saying that only I was more silly than Mrs. Peckham...