18 May 2013

Rockies Game With Julia

While we were in Denver for Jonathan's medical testing I received an email from Josh that he had two free tickets to Saturday night's Rockies Giants game. Although the thought of driving up to Denver the next day wasn't on the top of my list, I decided it would be a fun thing to do with Julia.

We all piled in Josh's minivan and made it to the stadium right on time. The game started at 6 p.m., so Julia and I made sure we took naps before leaving. She ended up going to sleep at about 11 p.m. that night...one of many firsts for her.  Here are a few firsts for Julia: first baseball game, first Rockies game at Coors Field, first hot dog at a baseball game, first time doing the wave at a sporting event.

There were probably other firsts that I can't remember.  She really like doing the wave. I had trouble explaining to her what it was and why we do it.  All I could come up with is that we're silly human beings and it's fun to do.  Julia got a lot of smiles and compliments on her outfit - striped shirt, rainbow striped tights, and a bright yellow with rainbow polka dot rain jacket. Although there weren't a ton of highlights from the night, I know she had a lot of fun getting out of the house, seeing a little bit of the big city, eating junk, and hanging with her Pops.

The Rockies won 10-2, and so did I.