26 April 2015

37th Birthday

The weekend of my birthday was a good one.  I took Friday off and spent most of the day doing things around the house and spending time with the kids. Julia had a dentist appointment to remove a baby tooth and Jonathan had school.  Friday got even better when Subaru told me that our new car had arrived and we could pick it up on Monday.

On Saturday my Mom and Dad took the kids.  They spent a day over at their house while Stacey and I enjoyed some time without them.  We spent Saturday afternoon hiking up to the Palmer Lake Reservoirs, and along the way, searching for a few geocaches.  I wouldn't of known about this area if it weren't for the geocache site.

The hike was pretty easy.  The second reservoir is bigger and probably has better fishing. If you walk across the dam and climb under the already bent fence, you can walk down below it and have a great view of the waterfall where it exits the upper reservoir.  We stopped for a snack here while we watched the ducks swim past us.

At night we went out to dinner and then had a relaxing and rainy evening and Sunday morning around the house before the kids came back.  In the afternoon the kids helped Stacey bake cupcakes and decorate the dining room for our family dinner birthday party.  It was an enjoyable weekend.  I wish every weekend could be like this one.