The beach is called Playa Danta and although the bay is small, there is a hotel restaurant and equipment rental company located there. We used both, but primarily the equipment rental from Pura Vida Ride. Although they had all sorts of equipment we ended up renting a two person sea kayak for a total of four hours during this trip. The kids really liked the kayak and paddling around on the ocean. If you look really closely at the first picture you can see Stacey and Julia out in the water. Stacey and I took turns paddling and were able to go out on the water with both kids. We opted for only one paddle, but when I was out with Julia I was able to teach her the basics of paddling. We also had a great view of a very nice yacht that was anchored nearby. Of course, one of the most fun parts was when we came back to shore. You can catch a pretty good wave if you time it right.
We also had dinner one night at Coco Loco. We ate dinner there last year. It's always a nice place to enjoy dinner and the sunset since the tables are essentially right on the beach. After dinner we walked up and down the beach under the moonlight and stars. OK, we walked; the kids ran around chasing each other or playing a game that they made up. The second to last picture is the sunset we had at dinner. The final picture is a beautiful sunset we enjoyed one evening from the deck of our apartment.
All in all it was a great trip. We were ready to come home, but we also had a lot of fun. I enjoyed getting to play with the kids without any real schedule. Oh, and I almost forgot. The kids both brought home matching stuffed animal souvenirs. The stuffed animals are Coatis, an animal found in Costa Rica, but since they look like raccoons I've stopped trying to explain to them that they aren't. The kids were both very happy and grateful to be able to leave Costa Rica with such great gifts. They kept saying thank you over and over, and they are the current stuffed animal of choice now that we're back home.




