03 April 2018

Leprechaun In My Backyard!

Julia had some make up schoolwork since we were out of town over Spring Break. Below is a short story she wrote and typed on her iPad/Bluetooth keyboard yesterday at school.  Amazing! You can tell that she likes to read and why she has been scoring so high in reading and writing at school.  She has a gift!

Leprechaun in My Backyard!
 

Dear Aunt Michelle,
 

I intend to tell you everything when I visit Sunday but I guess I can tell you now. It all started when I was hula hooping in the field next to my house, and I saw this green hat laying there. At first I thought it was just my neighbors hat because they love to dress up for St. Patrick’s day. But about five minutes later the hat started moving! I Almost screamed but caught myself just in time. I realized that the thing might be a leprechaun.

Everybody knows that if you catch a leprechaun and let it go without harm then he will tell you where his pot of gold is. All I had to do was catch this leprechaun and I would be rich!
I silently walked over to the hat and picked it up but I felt like I was carrying twenty pounds! It was a leprechaun! But before I could react, the leprechaun jumped out of my arms, and started running away but after five yards he just disappeared!


I had seen this in movies before. I pretended to act confused but I heard the leprechaun teleport behind me so I dived for him but missed again! Then as quick as a mouse I dug a hole right where the leprechaun was going to teleport next.


Everybody knows that leprechauns are really short. I made sure that the leprechaun was not going to get out of the hole and raced to my house to get my cat carrier. When I got back I locked him in the cat carrier and he told me the gold was in the park under the slide.
It turns out he wasn’t lying. I plan to buy a mansion with the gold. I hope another leprechaun will come near my house soon.

Love,
Julia