16 June 2018

Family Road Trip

This year we took a three week trip up to Washington and Idaho. We decided to drive there due to the length of the trip and so we could take whatever we wanted.Ffor example, our bikes, lots of clothes, and coolers of food.  The drive went well and the kids did great. Below is a picture of us leaving our house the first morning.

The first day we drove to Billings, MT. The next morning I got up very early and went for a ride south into some farmland and an area predominately inhabited by Native Americans. I parked at a church after scouting out the route the night before. Below are pictures crossing the Yellowstone River and of a pretty farm.  


The third picture has a little bit of a story to it. At a certain point I came up on a car parked on the side of the road and two dogs sitting right in the middle of the road. One of the dogs ran off the road, but the other started chasing me. Or maybe running with me.  He ran with me for a pretty good amount of time, at least long enough for me to watch him and then decide to take out my phone and snap a few pictures.  When I came back the same way he did the same thing, except he didn't stay with me as long since I was moving faster downhill. Before I got up to the dogs I grabbed my water bottle, just in case either one of them tried any funny business. It was fun to have a pacing buddy, even if it was only for a short amount of time. I made it back to our hotel room just fine, and then we drove about 8 - 9 hours to Spokane.