17 March 2019

Front Range Cycling Classic

Today I did my first official bike race. It was at the Air Force Academy.  I had a lot of fun and I learned some things my first time out. I really didn't have the racing mentality today since I was more interested in seeing what it was all about.  I finished 39th of the 67 men (of all ages) that were together in category 4 and 5. Not bad all things considered.  

This year I'm doing several different races and events to figure out what I like best (and what suits me best). I've been training very hard this winter with my coach, er, virtual coach, er, virtual indoor training program. It's been a good experience and I have definitely gotten to a point where I can "hang" as a result of the training program. Next up is to get more experience and learn the intricacies of bike racing.