10 June 2008

Internet IQ Test

When was the last time you took an IQ test? You know, the "a train leaves Chicago at 8:12 a.m. traveling at 96 miles per hour" test. Stacey sent me a link to a fairly lengthy test tonight; roughly 50 questions (and difficult too). If you'd like to take the test, you can find it here:

Intelligence Quotient Test


As a forewarning, you have to create an account to take the test (all you need for that is a bogus email address). I included a standard Gaussian distribution (bell curve) graph from wikipedia on the distribution of IQ scores. It doesn't represent empirical data, but can still be used as a general guide as to where you fall in relation to everyone else.



After taking the test I did some quick research on my score. Apparently, 140 are where the "genius" categories begin. I won't tell you my score, but it was somewhere between 137 and 139, proving just how inaccurate these test really are. If anything, these tests are just for fun. I'm highly confident that any friend or family member reading this is highly intelligent or at least well above average. I would say, in reality, we're all probably in about the same range regardless of the actual score given from this test. But just for fun, I think you should take the test.