Wow, I can't believe another season is starting this Saturday. I guess when the season lasts 9 months there isn't much of an off-season! I'm very much looking forward to this year. I've missed getting up early on Saturday and Sunday morning to a hot cup of coffee and football.
I feel pretty confident in these predictions...+/- a few positions. The table this year almost picks itself since there is such a clear gap between the top and the bottom. Although I had to pick actual finishing positions, I don't see much difference between the teams in the same "table within the table". I wouldn't be surprised if the teams placed together in these mini groups still finish together but in differing order.
1. Chelsea
2. Manchester United
------------------------------
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
------------------------------
5. Tottenham
6. Aston Villa
7. Portsmouth
------------------------------
8. Everton
9. West Ham
10. Manchester City
11. Newcastle
------------------------------
12. Middlesbrough
13. Sunderland
14. Blackburn
15. Fulham
------------------------------
16. Wigan
17. West Brom
18. Bolton
19. Stoke City
20. Hull City