One of the benefits of staying home sick this week was that I was able to spend some extra time with Julia. She's got quite the personality now and is getting cuter by the day. Even though we are definitely biased, we have yet to meet another baby her age that is as cute as she is...no seriously, she really is the cutest kid around. So, here are two stories from Tuesday that I hope you enjoy.
Story 1
I was watching Julia while Stacey was out getting her hair cut. As usual, I was holding her. Every time we pick her up from a nursery, a staff member is ALWAYS holding her. Anyway, I sat down at my laptop and brought up some pictures that I took last summer. Eventually I brought up a picture of myself, and pointed to the screen while saying "Daddy". She looked at the screen, looked at me, looked back at the screen, and then back at me. A few seconds passed and she got a really big smile on her face...and then practically flung herself against my shoulder and gave me a big hug. It was really funny to watch her process the idea of two of me at the same time with the result being a big hug.
Story 2
When Julia gets hungry she usually runs to the pantry door and asks for food. We have all sorts of kiddie snacks and I usually stand there with her long enough for her to tell me what she wants to eat. This time we went to the pantry and she looked around but didn't say much. So, I pulled out a little chocolate Easter egg that was hiding in the corner. Her eyes got really big and excited, so I handed it to her. I laughed and closed the door, only to look back at her and realize that she was waiting patiently with pursed lips, head back, eyes half closed, wanting to give me a kiss. How cute is that? I gave her an extra special treat that time and she expressed her excitement and appreciation by giving me a kiss.
I'm sure my accounts of these stories don't do them justice...but they were really funny and totally adorable. I guess you just had to be there.