Together we...trimmed the hedges of many small villages! I threw down some Julia Jane Boxwood hedges tonight.
Boxwood plants are evergreens, and there are many different species all over the world. The Julia Jane Boxwood is named after a noted local (Denver) landscape architect who reportedly adapted these Korean versions to our Colorado climate. If you've ever seen a formal hedge (think a fancy garden or castle) chances are they are using a Boxwood.
As I mentioned, they stay green year-round and due to their dense foliage they make great hedges. The picture below makes them seem attractive as individual specimens in our yard, but when you step back and see the dwarf alberta spruce along the driveway (not pictured), they both have the same "look". As a whole, the landscape will look better if I form them into one hedge over the next year or two. They are slow growing plants, so it will take a awhile for them to grow and be shaped into one plant.
We're going to put these same plants along the right side of the house too, but I need to do some more prep work in that bed before I can put them in.
Boxwood plants are evergreens, and there are many different species all over the world. The Julia Jane Boxwood is named after a noted local (Denver) landscape architect who reportedly adapted these Korean versions to our Colorado climate. If you've ever seen a formal hedge (think a fancy garden or castle) chances are they are using a Boxwood.
As I mentioned, they stay green year-round and due to their dense foliage they make great hedges. The picture below makes them seem attractive as individual specimens in our yard, but when you step back and see the dwarf alberta spruce along the driveway (not pictured), they both have the same "look". As a whole, the landscape will look better if I form them into one hedge over the next year or two. They are slow growing plants, so it will take a awhile for them to grow and be shaped into one plant.
We're going to put these same plants along the right side of the house too, but I need to do some more prep work in that bed before I can put them in.