For those of you who read the title of this blog and thought I was going to make some deep, heartfelt admission about my innermost fears and insecurities, you're wrong. Think more literally...like China or Berlin.
Well, my version is on a much smaller scale. After church today I swung by Lowe's and picked up 128 four inch by twelve inch gray flagstones for our front yard. Our plan is to build an area in front of the house where we can plant some bushes and flowers. I left for Lowe's about noon, and I had finished the entire project at 6:30 p.m. It actually wasn't that hard to do, just tiring. I was able to get through it all with the help of a Wendy's value meal, l-glutamine, creatine, and my Y-coulior leftover extra large Red Bull.
The most technical part is making the bottom layer level...and if you have a level and a hand tool for the soil it really isn't that difficult. After that, the rest of the blocks go right on the top. The hardest part was at the end when I had to break the bricks into pieces with a hammer and a pick axe to fill the smaller holes. All I needed was a ball and chain and a striped suit and I would have completed the entire cartoon prisoner look.
I'll take pictures once we get the plants in. After this little project, the front yard will almost be completely landscaped save a few quick projects (like the area around the base of the maple tree and the side of the house). For now I'm just going to enjoy the fruits of my labor. I think this turned out great (if I do say so myself). I've already received compliments from the neighbors and I hope it inspires them to keep their yard looking nice too.