The summer transfer period in football is also called “silly season” due to the plethora of ridiculous rumors that surface about players moving to a different team. 99.9% of the rumors that you hear never actualize…which I pretty much attribute to boredom. No games are being played right now, so to combat the lack of activity and excitement we create it for ourselves to pass the time.
During this season where moving teams is allowed, some players have hired marketing companies to produce brochures on themselves. You know, to “market themselves” to prospective buyers. I also find this silly considering every minute of every game a player has played has been videotaped for the entire world to see. I think we all have a pretty good idea what a player can do on field without a shiny brochure.
At any rate, arseblog created this mock brochure of one of their players. I found the “brand values” page extremely funny and silly. Apparently Adebayor is nutritious and fully vaccinated!
(click on the picture to see it up close)
