17 November 2009

Norah Jones - The Fall

I just happened to check iTunes today...the day it was released. I'm not a big music buff, but I have enjoyed her first 3 albums. I kept 33 songs from her first 3 albums...so do the math.

I decided to download her 4th album tonight (listening to it now) even though I didn't know much about it. I did hear that it's a different style from the past 3 albums - something that always worries me.

I'm sure that I'll find a few tracks that I really like. For me, her songs usually grow on me...something that I think is an indicator of good music. That is, it's not an instant pop bubble gum song that's catchy at first but quickly loses its appeal (much like those bubble gum balls you get from the machine).

At the very least, it's music I can listen to while at work or after a long day. I don't need my music to add stress to my life! Noise - it's ALL noise! Hey you punk kids, GET OFF MY LAWN.