27 December 2009

Looks Good Dadda

Christmas vacation: great for finishing up those projects that have been dragging on for over 2 months.

As you can probably tell, I finished five (one not pictured) window sills this weekend in or next to the dining room. Only 12 more to go! I'm officially halfway done. Before you tune out, this weekend's home project resulted in one of my favorite experiences with Julia so far.

Since I've been home a lot recently, Julia has been my shadow. She is the most adorable 2 year old I've ever seen (both her personality and her cuteness). I'm not the only one who thinks that by the way. We've been blessed. In addition to her desire to be around me, she always wants to hang out when I'm doing projects anyway. She likes to see what I'm doing. Yesterday while I painted she red books on the dining room table or just watched me from the step ladder made seat.

After a few minutes of watching me her little personality started to shine through. There was about a 5 minute spell where after every brush stroke Julia would say:

"Oh, looks good Dadda!"

After a handful of those praises she switched to:

"Good job Dadda!"

And then a few:

"Love you Dadda!"

Of course, after the I love you's I got a hug and a kiss. She went on for awhile more mostly telling me how good my hard work looked (looks good Dadda). I loved it. There's nothing better then to hear your daughter tell you how much she loves you, encourage you, and tell you that you're doing a good job even if she is only 2 years old. Actually, it probably means more since she's so young and sweet. She really is an amazingly happy (but intelligent) and loving little girl. I have so much fun being around her now. The only problem is that I just want to hug her all the time but it doesn't work that way. Julia also really likes to play with me too.

I think these windows look good. Maybe you do too. Even if you told me otherwise I wouldn't listen. Julia said they look good and that's about all that matters to me.