20 March 2010

I'm Going To Home Depot

Julia’s been watching me work in the backyard from patio door the past week or so. On Sunday while we were sitting watching basketball on the couch the following happened:

Julia: I need to go to Home Depot
Aaron: (laughs) You need to go to Home Depot? For what?
Julia: (smiles) Umm…
Aaron: To get some rocks?
Julia: Yes, to get more rocks for the patio (heads for the garage)
Aaron: Are you going to take my truck?
Julia: No…your truck is too big for me. I take Momma’s car
Aaron: (laughs) OK
Julia: I need momma’s keys right now
Aaron: (gets up and gives her the keys)
Julia: Ok, bye Momma and Dadda! I go Home Depot now!
Aaron and Stacey: (laughs) Ok, bye!
Julia: (opens door to the garage, walks to Stacey’s car, tries to put the key in the lock, tries to open the door)
Aaron: Do you need help?
Julia: Yes.
Aaron: (opens passenger side door)
Julia: (crawls into back of car, then to driver’s seat, tries to put keys in ignition) I need help Dadda
Aaron: (puts keys in ignition, decides to end the game at this point)

Later, after a day of lots of cuddles, she tells Stacey that she’s the “bestest Mommy ever”.