The last two nights I’ve come home from work with a present for Julia…i.e. a sucker. A coworker had a pile of them outside her desk and I grabbed one each night on my way out the door.
Today Stacey called me at work because Julia wanted another one. The problem is, they’re all gone. It was cute to have a “conversation” with Julia on the phone though. She took the phone from Stacey and said “hi Dadda”…and that’s about it. After a few seconds of not saying anything I asked her if she wanted something from me to which she responded “yeah”. She didn’t get the words out but I knew she wanted to ask me for another sucker. Even though she talks nonstop at home she hasn’t started talking on the phone yet.
Since the free ones are all gone, I may just have to swing by the store on the way home tonight and pick up my own bag of dum-dums.