13 September 2010

One-Off

Today is my one-month "last day at work anniversary". It's gone fast. I'm beginning to get a sense what retirement would be like...well, except for the whole 2 kids under 3 years of age thing. Speaking of...Julia just woke up from her nap as I sat down to type this post. Seriously, that was great timing. SO, I guess this will have to wait to finish this until after dinner tonight...

Things are going well in the Sudduth household. We've finally gotten past the first few weeks and are "getting into the groove". We've been able to do a lot of things together (see the other posts in this blog) and have a lot of things planned for the coming weeks. I think the first few weeks were always going to be slow - that is, it was always going to take a little bit of time to get adjusted and plan out the coming weeks/months.

Stacey and I have been able to do a lot of talking about our future plans. We've been open minded about pretty much everything - even whether or not this is the place where God wants us to be. Sometimes, having too many options makes things difficult. We can pretty much do what we want, which is a good thing, but sometimes it's better to not have many options. It makes the decisions easier. For right now, we're just kind of "being" and sticking to the original plan of me taking a few months off and then really looking for a job.

Personally, I'm holding up pretty well and enjoying this time. I think once I get started on my last major home improvement project I'll be occupied for awhile. When that's over and it's the dead of winter...that's when I think I'll wish I had somewhere I needed to be. For now we've got plenty of things planned to keep me busy though...