For some reason John Laing decided to stop the siding on all of the houses in our neighborhood about 2 feet from the ground. On the houses that aren't stucco, bare cement is one of the exterior "features". Luckily for us, a gray house against gray cement is not as noticeable as some of the other houses that have color. Regardless, the houses lack a finished look because of it.
Here are the pictures of the large visible section after I've primed them. The goal here once painted is to hide the cement and make the house look like it actually goes all the way to the ground. The stucco houses provide a good example of what it will look like, so I know the outcome will be worth it. The third picture shows two houses across the street - one painted to the ground (stucco) and the other not. Once I finish this section I'll load a before and after shot so you can see the difference.