...is worth two in the burning bush? On Thursday and Friday I visited the campuses of my prospective new job.
On Thursday, Diane gave me a tour of the main building at Early Connections. I met all of the staff, got a tour of the historic building that I would be working at, and met some of the children that were there. At one point a little boy sheepishly approached me. He kept walking until he was close enough to lean into me for a hug. I'm not sure if they put him up to it in an attempt to convince me to take the job (joking), but it was pretty effective. All in all I think it would be a great place to work. Diane really wants to hire me.
The next morning I met Derek at Compassion. We had breakfast and coffee at the cafe while we talked about the organization, the group, and the job that I am interviewing for on Monday. As we all know, Compassion is doing some great things around the world. I was impressed by the facility, what I heard about the staff, and everything else that have caused the ministry to grow even during these difficult financial times. I think this position would also be a great fit for me. From what I gather, it's down to me and one other candidate.
Assuming that Compassion offers me the job, I'll have a decision to make. My biggest worry is that Compassion will take two or more weeks to let me know what they decide. I have to let Diane at Early Connections know next week. I can't drag that offer out any longer - it wouldn't be fair to them. In some ways, I almost hope the decision is made for me, in the sense that I don't have to really choose one over the other. Either Compassion will go with the other candidate or tell me that they are going to take more time then I can afford to make their decision. That would make it easy. I'd hate to pass up on the Early Connections position and then have Compassion not offer me the job. Conversely, I'd hate to take the job at Early Connections and then a few weeks later have Compassion offer me the position. I'm really hoping for some answers on Monday after the interview - or, at least some indication so I won't have any regrets due to "circumstance".
Wisdom and speed in the process, that's what I need!