Since he wasn't able to have any food on either side of the procedure we sent Stacey home. He wasn't allowed to eat eight hours before and not until the following morning after. Jonathan sees Stacey as his food source and not me (for obvious reasons). When he's hungry and she's around, he makes a fuss. I can distract him long enough. It's easier on everyone.
I had the nurse give him a full feeding from 3 a.m. to 4 a.m. this morning. That bought me some time. Towards the end of the morning I had to periodically give him sips of juice and graham cracker crumbs to appease him. That, in addition to walking around and spending time in the play area, barely worked.
At about 11:45 a.m. we were escorted downstairs. He clung to me and then broke into tears when I handed him to the nurse as we parted ways. About an hour later the surgeon came and found me in the waiting room. He told me everything went great. I was taken to the anesthesia recovery area and found Jonathan still fast asleep.
He eventually came to and we made it back to our room. He slept off and on for a few more hours. During that time he would wake up, look around for a few minutes, and then bury his head in my arms or shoulder. We took some pictures of it since his grogginess was funny, cute, and sad all at the same time. Later that night he slept well but woke up at 4:30 a.m. (a full 24 hours after his last meal) ravishing. Stacey showed up right at 6 a.m. to feed him. On cue, the minute he saw her he started whimpering for breakfast.
The rumor is we could be going home Tuesday (tomorrow) or possibly Wednesday. It can't come soon enough.