Did you know Father's Day turned 100 this year and was first officially celebrated in Spokane, Washington? Probably, since half of you reading this are from there. Anyway, I had a good Father's Day. Julia made it fun. This was the first year she really understood what the holiday meant.
The night before she spilled the beans and told me that she and Stacey were going to cook me breakfast in bed. This morning I woke up before she did and was downstairs when she woke up and came out of her room. Here first words from the top of the stairs were, "Mom, Dad isn't in his bed"! She was obviously excited to make me breakfast in bed. It was her first thought when she woke up.
A little bit later I went back upstairs and climbed into bed. Stacey made me breakfast and Julia worked on my "craft". It was a heart shaped card with a lot of stickers on it. When she brought it upstairs she was very excited. It's great to see her get so excited about doing things like this for other people. She joined me in our bed and we ate our eggs and heart shaped waffles. After she was done eating she pretended to read the paper. After I was done eating we wrestled on the pillows.
It was a pretty good Father's Day.